Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Little R & R


"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the
impossible" -Francis of Assisi
__________________________________________________

It was a beautiful day outside today [upper sixties!] with sunshine and blue skies, and I am in bed with a cold... the whole works: coughing, congestion, sneezing,
headache, etc. It even prevented me from getting much rest last night. So this sickly status left me to spend my afternoon on the internet perusing through various websites. Now, I
have always been one who likes to document everything. What better way to do that than to
create a personal blog? So here I am, wasting my afternoon in bed, personalizing a blog. When I was in middle school I used to have a Xanga site. I believe I like this better so far. I'm a fan of personal expression, and I believe that a blog is a perfect way to do so. So here goes nothing. My evening festivities include playing on my laptop [my Macbook, which I am in love with] and simultaneously watching a movie [possibly Along Came Polly- I could use some comical relief to help me feel better]. Hopefully resting and doing practically nothing will speed up my recovery! So far, today has been semi-productive despite not having completed the least bit of homework. I made a trip to Wal-Mart to buy some honey for my tea, which turned out to cost around $3.00. Being on my own
has shown me that companies are targeting their products at families. The smaller the product, the more expensive it is! Very unfair! I guess it would pay to have a couple of kids, at least I wouldn't be wasting all of these groceries! Anyway, I allowed myself to get a bit sidetracked, but while searching for honey, I ended up buying some new art supplies to provide entertainment while being confined to my dorm room. It was a successful trip. On that note, I believe it's time to give blogging a rest and focus my time elsewhere for awhile [possibly by paying a visit to Polyvore.com, which is so addicting]. Hopefully tomorrow I will be in better health and slightly more active seeing as I have class on Tuesday and have to accomplish some things by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...