Saturday, August 7, 2010

Oh yes, it was a Panera kind of day

Today I had ambitions of finally getting my name changed and officially taking on my married name. However, that did not go as planned. Upon arriving at the local DMV and entering the building I took one look at the winding Saturday morning line and decided that maaaaybe another day would be better. I decided to go apartment shopping with my best friend, Bridget, who is in town from Nashville, instead. She just moved down there last weekend and needed some decorating help to dress up her new city two-bedroom apartment.

We visited one of my favorite places the Christmas Tree Shop! What a great place for bargains! I always find something great there. Today I was able to snag a new waste basket, magazine basket, loofa, Oregano, parchment paper, and adorable patterned scissors all for $15. Some days I find more than others. They had an adorable free-standing lamp that I loved for $30, but I really had no place to put it so sadly I passed it up.

After we left there we headed to Panera for some lunch. I had my usual Pick Two with the Asiago Turkey sandwich, macaroni, and side baguette. I also decided to try their Bear Claw pastry and was pleasantly surprised! It was delicious! It had a bit of almond flavoring that I wasn't expecting.
Our next destination was the mall where I wanted to run in the MAX Rave there and pic up a few new camis since our washer decided to ruin all of mine at once! Sadly, they were out of my size and said they'd give me a call when they came in. However, the trip wasn't a total waste! I was able to pick up a few new additions to my wardrobe, including a cute fall jacket for $10.00 that would be perfect with some skinnies, a bright scarf, and boots, or even some bright tights and boots. I also got a blue rosette top that I could layer or wear out some night for only $5.00. I picked up a cute purple cami that will look great under some of my fall cardigans! It was a fun day out with a great friend.

Tonight should be even better! My husband's band, Bernoulli, is playing at a local venue with another great band MONA. I can't wait to spend the evening with friends listening to some enjoyable music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...