Friday, July 30, 2010

"Decorganizing"

Since a week or so before the wedding I began the never-ending process of cleaning, moving, unpacking, organizing, and decorating. Although cleaning really never ends, I've gotten the majority of the initial cleaning done. I've worked hard to convert the house from bachelor pad to cozy and comfortable, not to mention home-y. I still have some organizing to take care of, but, for the most part, the house is coming together nicely. Last night my mom came over and helped me finish a few decorating dilemmas. She helped me hang my ledger shelves in the kitchen [pictured at the end of this post along with a few other kitchen photos]. I love them! I still need to find some affordable kitchen chairs at a thrift store. I really want a vintage/ shabby chic style buffet table for my kitchen. I would prefer a teal/ turquoise color. Then my kitchen would be complete. As for the living room, I still need to complete my gallery picture wall. I just need to choose an evening with nothing going on to go through some family photographs to put on my wall.
This is the color of buffet table I would prefer:

While searching for a buffet table, I found this helpful site which tells how to paint furniture to look shabby chic!
I think I like this style of table, only in turquoise
Here are a few photos of my kitchen: The pot rack has been a lifesaver to my cabinet space! There are many cabinets, however each has 3 shorter shelves opposed to two taller ones so it is difficult to fit taller items in them.
The retro linoleum floor is a nice touch, don't you think?
We still need some chairs for our table... the corner and wall to the right of the table is the one I want a buffet table for.
You cannot see my curtains or runner very well, but if you could you would be
able to see that there is a lot of turquoise in it. Therefore, the turquoise buffet would fit in nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...