Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hello From The South

I'm sitting in my aunt's adorable shabby chic house after a wonderful breakfast of french toast with fresh blueberries and strawberries. It is currently raining outside, but it's lovely in here. Her house is a vintage gold mine. She has every beautiful knick- knack you could imagine! Every detail is perfect! I always love visiting her because you feel like you're being taken care of by Martha Stewart, herself. Last night we sat around in her tiny kitchen with cream puffs and wine. It was fabulous. She introduced me to a new wine that is delicious!
Castello del Poggio Moscato

I have had a spectacular weekend so far. I got to spend some time with my two good friends from school, Megan and Angie, see my family, go shopping, and eat delicious food. Megan and I went to McAllister's for dinner Friday night, where I got to have their amazing cheddar potato soup. Afterwards, we met Angie and our mutual friend, Mel, in Market Square in downtown Knoxville and had RITA's Italian Ice. It was the first time I had ever tried it, and it was wonderful! I tried the gelati with vanilla custard and mango italian ice. I was instantly addicted! I highly recommend it!

Saturday morning Angie and I went to the mall to buy my new boots and of course stop at Forever 21. The boots were a success! I also found an adorable button-down light pink top and a vintage looking necklace covered in flower charms. Afterwards we went to McKay's, which is a store that sells used books, movies, and cds. I found 4 dvds in their $2.00 clearance section and 2 new books! One was a book I've been wanting for awhile, "Skinny Bitch". My friend recommended it, but I never wanted to pay a lot for it. I found it for $0.75 so I thought it was definitely worth that!

It's been a fun trip so far. Unfortunately is about time to head home and back to reality. However, I am excited to see Travis :) He spontaneously decided to visit Chicago with a few of his friends this past weekend so neither of us have been home. I am ready to get back to him and spend a little time together before the hectic week begins!

I hope everyone enjoys their last day of the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll love Skinny Bitch (the book) I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first chapter so far and it seems hilarious! I can't wait to get some time to read the rest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...